Concept Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Up on legs

I passed up an opportunity to see The Lion King in 3D this afternoon to work on cutting the tubing and installing the caster inserts/casters to get Griffin Jct up on its legs.  I installed a 5th (card table style) leg on this module to prevent the module from tipping.  To extend the legs I used 7/8" tubing which is a slip fit inside the 1" tubing that is used on the banquet table legs and the card table leg tubing. There are other options which I will have to consider soon unless I come across additional scrap tubing to use. I have been extending legs up to this point using the tubing from a backyard canopy that got wrecked in a windstorm a few years back when we still lived in Rincon GA. I have moved twice since then and have been carting that tubing around since 2007. Finally using it up. Can[t think of a better way to recycle it than make use of it by building a S&SS of NC module ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment